I ran five miles today. It look me over an hour, which is sad, but hey, I ran five miles!
I’ve found that running with music and a TV in the background is pretty awesome. After 15 minutes or so, I’m in the zone aka I veer toward one side of the treadmill and almost die.
I have a playlist on Rdio called Run Cate, Run! Just in case you didn’t know, it’s for running. There are 77 songs totaling 289 minutes, which if I ever run for almost five hours, I’d better be running for my life. Some songs are better than others. Some songs make me run faster. Some songs make me question my taste in music.
So, without further ado, let me tell you my favorite running songs:
- Wake Me Up – Avicii
- A LOT of David Guetta: Crank It Up (feat. Akon); Just One Last Time (feat. Taped Rai); Where Them Girls At (feat. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida); Titanium (feat. Sia); Sexy Bitch (feat. Akon)
- Can’t Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Hall of Fame – The Script
- #thatPOWER – will.i.am
- Turn Down for What – DJ Snake & Lil Jon
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO
- Jai Ho! – A.R. Rahman
- Everlong – Foo Fighters
- Not Afraid – Eminem
- Problem – Ariana Grande
- OMG – Usher
- Stronger – Kanye West
- Lose Control (feat. Ciara, Fat Man Scoop) – Missy Elliot
- Jump (feat. Nelly Furtado) – Flo Rida
- Pound The Alarm – Nicki Minaj
- Crank That [Travis Barker Remix] – Soulja Boy
- Skullcandy – The Glitch Mob
- Run the World (Girls) – Beyoncé
- And last but not least… Gangnam Style – Psy
What are some of your favorite songs to listen to while running/working out?